Survey and Community Fund Bid
Please complete our survey before 7th July
You will also find it on our Facebook Page Cycle North Fife.
We are applying to Cycling Scotland Cycle Friendly Communities Fund for a grant of £20,000 to improve cycling infrastructure and activities in North Fife. As this is the first time we have done this we are focusing on the Newport-Wormit Nature Trail - we think starting to upgrade th access ramps - replacing steps and reeducing steep gradienst will make the path more accessible for children, parents with prams, comuting cyclists, people with mobility problems to be able to use this off road route between housing, schools, GP surgery, Sports Hub and onward connections to Dundee and Tayport. Please read our full bid and cover note.
We are also applying for funding to help with -
- Trafiic calming signs along the coast Tay Loop Wormit - Newburgh; Leuchars to Kinshaldy; Wormit-Fiveways roundabout;Drumoig to avoid A road section.
- Childrens Cycling - events and holiday cycling sessions
- Adult beginners cycling groups
- Bike fixing sessions
- Promoting Cycle Visitors to bring in local business income
- Some support for our core costs and the support we get from national cycling to keep our membership fee low to be open to all.